Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Moocluck, watcha doing?


Hello internet! It's me Moocluck, the rather new and amateur machinimater.

I'm blogging here to let you folks know that a new machinima will be uploaded to my channel in the next couple of days.

It has been a whole month since I last uploaded a video. The previous video I uploaded was Mr. Mogu Dance! A video that I made in roughly an hour for a video commenter who wanted to know what a Mogu dancing looked like. I think it made him happy.

Now, this new video. Why has it taken so long to make when my last took only one hour? A simple answer: I wanted to improve. (The quality that is). Currently on my channel I have twelve videos, and of those twelve, eight are machinmas. So far, I cannot say I am overly happy with the quality of my own videos, Cooking with Thunder is probably the video I am most proud of so far, but I would not say it is a masterpiece. Which is why I am attempting to up my game!

I mentioned in my first blog how I want to be a machinimater known for my editing skills as well as my humour. I am learning now, that if you want to become a good editor, it is going to take a lot of time, but more importantly, patience. (Something Mozq and Nixxiom must have in abundance, god dammit guys!)
Editing machinima is extremely repetitive and I have the highest amount of respect for anyone who can see a high quality project through to the end.

So why am I talking about this?

I want to be able to finish a project, upload it to the internet and be able to watch it and go: "Yeah, I'm proud of that. I put a lot of work into that, I worked my balls off for that to look good!". My resources are limited, gosh I'm even using Adobe Premiere Elements for most of my editing, but I still feel I can deliver a quality of machinima that at least I can be happy and proud about.

In short: I have limited resources, but I think I can push them to make good quality machinima. Which is why this video has taken a little longer than usual to make. I want it to be good!

Mr. Nixxiom has been showing me the ropes, a few editing tips, showing me how to access Blizzard sound files, letting me shout into a microphone like some kid who has just hit puberty for: The Day of the Cataclysm. Stuff like that. Thanks dude!

Now enough about me and what I'm doing, let's look at a couple of screens!

Look I put shadows and some depth of field in there! Isn't that nice?

An angry or happy Orc? You decide...

Still a bit of editing to go, but it's almost finished and I'm feeling pretty happy with it so far. Keep an eye on my channel for the new video. I will also link it here on the blog for those interested.
Until next time guys!

- Moocluck

https://www.youtube.com/user/Mooclucking

No comments:

Post a Comment