Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Nixxiom's Projects: The Dog and the Bear - Cataclysm Sucked (Name in Debate)

The Dog and the Bear

After the release of "The Demon Hunter" I mentioned in the description that there would be a sequel to the Demon Hunter called:  "The Druid."  When I began work on The Druid, however, I felt that the title character Ashevn was a little bit too suddenly exposed into the spotlight.  What I mean is there wasn't really any room in the script for the character to be properly introduced.  Who is he?  How does he think?  What is he all about?
The Dog and the Bear is my answer to this.  Although I originally intended for the machinima to a be a short video, it actually has become quite large.  At five minutes already and not even half way done, this piece could very well end up being around 10-12 minutes long at completion.  Epic stuff, really!  I think the best part about The Dog and the Bear is the fact that the video will leave a bit of a thought provoker in the head of the audience.  Who is the Dog?  Who is the Bear?

Here's a single still from the video:



Cataclysm Sucked (Name in Debate)

Cataclysm sucked.  You know it and I know it.  The lore was silly, the patches were few and far between, and the content of the expansion just didn't satisfy.  This video isn't one where I talk about the issues with Cataclysm though, but rather it's just a fun comedy set in the period of early Cataclysm when Deathwing first attacks Stormwind.  You may be familiar with the line:  "I'm about to go all Beowulf and shit on this Dragon!"  It may make a cameo.
Cataclysm Sucked is mostly centered around King Varian and how he has to deal with his burning city but will also feature Nixxiom as he comes in to try and save the city from the ramaging madness of the Earth Warder.  What happens next is mystery.  So far the video is about 3 minutes long and I'm about 85% done, I'd say.  Almost finished!
I must also note that the video will feature the voice talents of not only myself but also Matt Greenburg and Mooclucking, a fellow WoW machinimator who is apart of this blog as well.  Mooclucking was born to play Stormwind guards, I must say.  Haha.

Here's a screenshot from the video thus far:

Looking forward to finishing both projects and seeing what you guys think of them!  Until my next post, I'll talk to you all later!

~Nixxiom
http://www.youtube.com/user/SiverlinedPro

No comments:

Post a Comment